Skip to content
There are a number of advantages to entering into a Separation Agreement.
- The Agreement can prove in writing that you agree that you don’t have to live together, so your ex-partner (husband, wife or civil partner) can’t allege that you’ve deserted them and vice versa.
- The Agreement will show that you both consider the relationship to have ended, including the date it ended.
- The Agreement is entirely flexible – you can decide what you’d like to include and what not to include.
- If you stick to the terms outlined, a Separation Agreement can take the stress, pressure and heat that naturally arises from the breakdown of a relationship away, leaving both parties fully aware of where they stand.
- Any Agreement entered into can provide you with both clarity and certainty.
- Whilst not technically legally binding, a Separation Agreement that has been properly and fairly negotiated and entered into will be upheld if challenged.