Why should you use a Family Law solicitor?

Getting divorced or dissolving a civil partnership can be an emotional, worrying and difficult time. At such a time you need someone on your side who will be there for you. A family law solicitor will support you through the divorce process, and will give you advice that you can trust about the things that

Can a child give evidence in family proceedings?

In the case of Re E (A Child) [2016] EWCA Civ 473, Lord Justice McFarlane more recently reminded practitioners that: “As is well known, children, even children of a very young age, who have made allegations of abuse which are subsequently the subject of criminal proceedings, are required to give live evidence within the criminal

When should I apply for a without notice order?

In many cases, it is entirely appropriate and proper for a client to attend the Family Court and seek help without having given any prior notice of the application to the party on the other side.

Good Divorce Week 2016

This Divorce Week 2016, As a proud member of Resolution, Prism Family Law are proud to be part of a community of family justice professionals who work with families and individuals who aim to resolve issues in a constructive way.

Alcohol abuse cases and contact – how can I secure contact in such cases?

Applications made before the Family Court for Child Arrangement Orders, be it for contact or residence or any other order for that matter, are often bedevilled by allegations of domestic violence and/or drug and alcohol abuse cases, for which there are no easy fixes.

Can I represent myself in court without a lawyer?

With over 66,000 private family law cases having been issued at the family court between April and June 2016, Government statistics have revealed an alarming increase in the number of people attending court without legal representation.

Can my spouse kick me out of the house as I have nowhere else to live?

At Prism Family Law, we have often encountered spouses who have been told that because they are not an owner of the family home they have no rights of occupation upon separation, however, Matrimonial Home Rights give protection to a husband, wife or civil partner under the Family Law Act 1996 where the matrimonial home